Subscribe Now

* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!

Trending News

Blog Post

Non-Toxic Ways to Get Rid of Mold in the House
Home Improvement

Non-Toxic Ways to Get Rid of Mold in the House  

Mold may be growing in your house and you may not even know about it. Scary, right? It’s true. That is what happens to most people. So let’s know how to get rid of mold in the house. 

Molds love humid, dark, and warm conditions. Once it begins to grow, getting rid of molds is very challenging. In favorable conditions, they can grow very quickly. If they are left untreated, it may lead to structural damage to the building and cause health concerns to people living in the house. Sadly, people often overlook them and leave the treatment for later. This can result in disastrous consequences for the building as well as the health of the residing people. 

In other words, molds must be removed quickly before they turn into a big problem. 

The kitchen, laundry room, basement, and bathroom are some of the places that are most susceptible to mold growth. This is because they offer humid and warm conditions which make them the perfect breeding ground for molds. 

But, you can prevent mold growth by regularly cleaning these areas and keeping them moisture-free. Ensuring proper ventilation, wiping all wet surfaces, and washing shower curtains regularly are some of the practices that can help prevent molds. 

Sometimes, no matter how vigilantly you’ve inculcated mold preventive habits, it can sneak in. 

In that case, here is how you can get rid of them without any hassles.

Non Toxic Ways to Clean Mold

There are several chemical mold cleaning products available in the market. But these can almost be as harmful as the molds themselves. Instead, there are non-toxic ways to clean the mold. However, if the situation is very bad, it is best that you let professional mold cleaners handle the situation. Otherwise, here are some ways that can help you get rid of mold in your house. 

Vinegar

This famous ingredient is famous for its cleaning and disinfecting properties. White vinegar is a little acidic in nature which can kill almost all types of mold species. It can be used on most porous and non-porous surfaces. In addition, its wild odor also does not stay for a long time. 

So, how do you use it? 

Pour some vinegar in a spray bottle without diluting it with water. Spray some on the surface with the mold and let it rest for about an hour. In the end, wipe it with water and let it dry. The foul odor of the vinegar will go away in some time. 

Lemon

Get Rid of Mold

Source: treehugger.com

When life gives you lemons, use them to clean molds in your house. They have antiseptic properties and act as natural deodorizers and stain removers. Its high acidic content breaks down the mold which makes it very easy for us to remove. In addition, lemons do not leave any offensive odor. In fact, it leaves you with a wonderful citrusy aroma. 

Simply, squeeze four lemons in a cup and pour it directly over the infected area. Take a five-minute breather before wiping it with a damp cloth. While most of the mold will be removed by this practice, in case any stain remains, re-apply and scrub the surface again. 

Baking Soda

Get Rid of Mold

Source: ctfassets.net

You must have heard of this famous cleaning agent that is used in the house for several different purposes. One of which is removing molds. It is non-toxic and does not cause any health concern to pets or people living in the house. In fact, it not only gets rid of the mold but also manages to suck the moisture out from the surface. 

Pour some water into a spray bottle and add a quarter tablespoon of baking soda to it. Shake it rigorously. Spray the solution over the moldy surface and use a brush to scrub off the mold from the surface. Finally, rinse the surface with water and make sure there is no residue left. 

Essential Oils

Get Rid of Mold

Source: shen.ua

Essential oils are more than just an aromatic compound. Tea tree oil is one that can help you remove the mold in your house. It is an antiseptic insect repellant that is known for its stain removal properties. It is a natural fungicide that you must try in case of a mold outbreak. 

Mix a teaspoon of this oil in a cup of water. Then the solution will pour into the bottle. Shake it till you get a perfect blend of oil and water. Spray this on the infected surface and let it rest for an hour. Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe it off afterward. Remember to use gloves in case your skin is sensitive to essential oils. 

In Conclusion

If you want to remove molds using non-toxic alternatives to chemical removers, these are some of the most effective. They will not just get rid of mold but will leave no chemicals behind that may cause any health concern to people living in the house. And not just that, they are cost-effective. 

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *