Building Structure Lighting System: How It Transformed the World
LED or Light Emitting Diodes continue revolutionizing the same way we see architecture. It has already been 139 years since Thomas Edison patented the first light bulb, and the technology of lighting remains essentially the same. Regardless of the occasional improvements to their lifespan or luminosity, incandescent bulbs continue to be fragile, efficient, and sometimes even dangerous. However, an LED lighting system can transform a building structure into a stunning design through its various colors and styles.
The Efficiency of LED Lights
LED lighting, on the other hand, in any dark dilemma is a brilliant solution. Compared to traditional light bulbs, it usually lasts less than 2,000 hours before it needs a replacement. LEDs can provide light for tens of thousands of uninterrupted hours.
These bulbs consume 90 percent less energy, can last much longer than other bulbs and are 100 percent recyclable after their lifespan as they have no mercury or any other toxic substances. In addition, because it only requires a low voltage to operate or to light, it is suitable for outdoor and indoor use, including in places with the most extreme climates.
Advancements of LED Lights
Most LED lighting products to have variable intensity and color settings that are easily controllable remotely through computer software, smartphone apps, and automated sensors. With over 16 million different colors in the RGB spectrum, LED lighting designs and LED styles are virtually endless.
These unique and stunning lights will highlight the building features because this lighting system can be a highlight.
LED Lighting Systems and Technology Contracting
In the past, the buildings operated through silos and were very dependent on manual controls. Nowadays, the technology of smart-buildings design leverages IT infrastructure, integrating building systems and components and sharing data. Technology contracting is a concept design that commissions and incorporates all low-voltage techniques of a building during the construction, retrofit, or design.
This new and innovative approach takes advantage of the convergence of today’s state-of-the-art facility IT systems and technologies. For example, they are allowing lighting systems or an energy provider to optimize the performance of the building across technologies.
In an innovative LED solution context, technology contracting will allow a single service provider to have an advanced lighting system design that incorporates controls, integration, analytics automation, and sta management on energy consumption on the devices.
Currently, there are very few buildings that integrate lighting with the automation controls system of the building. These building combination solutions can improve operational and energy efficiency.
Advanced LED Solutions Benefits
Smart LED solutions provide advanced automation and controls that will significantly enhance building data management availability. It collects data from the building’s smart-lighting device and sensors that help optimize building performance and lighting output by adjusting the control system to manage dimming capabilities and schedule depending on the building’s needs.
Analytics can also contribute to verify and measure the energy cost from the lighting investment of the building. However, incorporating Access Doors and Panels can protect from any unwanted access of all the controls of the entire lighting system in the building.
Architectural Lighting Design
Architectural lighting design in the building significantly impacts the building’s aesthetic looks and the users. However, inappropriate lighting design can also negatively impact the structure depending on the building function.
Architects and innovation focused on three principles of lighting designs to achieve the best lighting design on a building:
- Function – First and foremost, the building lighting system must be adequate to navigate all occupants safely. They need to consider building function so that the lighting system supports its intended use and function.
- Aesthetics – While function is the most significant aspect of lighting designs, aesthetics also matters. The lighting impact is foremost in the excellent architecture development. Experienced lighting designers know how to maximize the physical and psychological effects without disrupting the building’s functionality or space.
- Energy Efficiency – Nowadays, architects have a responsibility to have a sustainable design of lighting systems. It includes the option of using an energy-efficient lighting system.
Every building needs to have a slightly different lighting architectural approach to meet these three standards. Therefore, strategically planning the building lighting designs at the early stage of the project allows the study options, which is essential for the success of each project.
How Lighting Design Can Transform Building
The ideal architectural lighting solutions design comes from a thorough understanding of the client’s goals. This understanding provides lighting designers and architects a baseline for a lighting system that covers the essential function of the building. And from there, they use different methods to visualize the structure and the energy efficiency study.
Functional Lighting Strategies
- Task Lighting – It is a direct light source that can improve visibility in a localized area. It is commonly utilized in workstations. It gives focus and additional lighting on the work surface ambient light may not reach. The use of task lighting systems also minimizes eye strain and may assist those who have vision challenges. Building spaces that need a focused reading also can benefit from this light source.
- Flood Lighting – A high-intensity, broad-beamed light that functions similarly to task lighting but is much larger. Often it is used for building outdoor spaces to provide good visibility at night. In addition, for exterior floodlighting, focused lighting or interior flood can highlight items within the building interior space that need a more pronounced intensity of light.
Aesthetic Lighting Strategies
- Pendant Lights – These lights offer variety and distinctions, pendant lightings are standard in workspaces, and instructional spaces design the direct and indirect source of light enhances the distribution of light.
- Color Temperature – The lighting temperature of the building can impact behavior as well as emotions. Warm lighting colors can be calming, while lightings that have cool colors can improve focus. Red and yellow colored lights are a popular choice of building spaces where people want to relax, such as residence halls on university campuses. White or blue-colored lights are typically in the classroom and office used to help the users stay alert. In addition, architects and lighting designers often use color temperature to express variations in concept design or brand atmosphere.
- Backlighting – Most of the time, designers and architects emphasize signage, graphics, or art employing backlighting where the lighting source is invisible, and yet it illuminates lights from behind. This backlighting is ideal for that concept.
- Wall Washers – One of the best ways to highlight environmental signage, art, or graphics is through washing the wall with a focused lighting source.
- Rope Lighting – This lighting system is ideal to accentuate architectural feature designs. Highlighting a reception desk or ceiling cover is achievable through this lighting source.
- Intensity – The intensity of the lighting system in the building can also impact the occupants. A light that is too dim can cause eye strain, while light that is too bright can cause an unpleasant glare. Lighting systems that produce more diffuse minimize glare without compromising visibility.
Technology drives advanced lighting innovations, and LED lights are one of the most efficient lighting systems available in the markets nowadays, having a wide array of options from design, colors, and efficiency. Consider LED lights for your next project!
Casa Del Fascio: Fascinating Architecture in Italy
Casa Del Fascio Source: comozero.it Location: Como, Italy Architect: Giuseppe Terragni Project Year: 1932-1936 Architectural style: Rationalist Type: Civic Casa…
Cool Sims 4 House Ideas That Take Your Home to the Next Level
Apart from Minecraft and Terraria, another game that is popular for building structures is Sims 4. People can create various…
Organic House by Javier Senosiain: Showcasing Humility in Its Purest Aesthetic Forms
Project Credits: Project name: Organic House Architecture firm: Javier Senosiain Location: Acueducto Morelia 26, Vista del Valle, 53296, Naucalpan de…
Kliff Kingsbury House: An Architecture of Head Coach’s Arizona
Being the head coach of an NFL team has its perks. This includes being able to live in a multi-million-dollar…
Amazing Futuristic Houses Ideas That Actually Exist On This Planet!
We all have a dream of living in a luxurious home that would fulfill all our comforts, right! But have…
Crescent – The Iconic Mosque in Dubai by Design Plus Architects & Rat[LAB] Studio!
The Iconic Mosque Source: amazingarchitecture.com Project name: Crescent – The Iconic Mosque, Dubai Location: Dubai Creek Harbour, Dubai, United Arab…
Chapel of The Holy Cross: A Church With an Idiosyncratic Structure
Chapel of The Holy Cross Source: staticflickr.com Location: Sedona, Arizona, United States Architect: Marguerite Brunswig Staude Completed: 1957 Situated in…
Cool Minecraft House Ideas to Build Your Dream Home
Do you have an interest in architecture and like to explore various building structures? If yes, then you might have…
Cadillac House by Gensler: A Structure with a Bizarre Angled Steel Facade!
Cadillac House Source: archpaper.com Location: Jin Qiao, Pu Dong, Shanghai, China Architect: Gensler Type: Commercial Status: Built Year: 2019 Size:…
Wintrust Arena, Chicago: Get an Overview of This Amazing Structure
The Wintrust Arena is a multi-purpose event space famous for hosting wonderful basketball matches. Not only basketball matches but it…
Mediterranean House Style: A Perfect Blend of Luxury & Nature
Imagine waking up to the sound of the waves, the fresh ocean breeze rushing past you while you go for…