Grilling is a fantastic way to bring all your friends and family together. You can cook delicious meals and enjoy quality time with your loved ones!
You can have BBQ inside your home, but most of the time, people prefer an outdoor grill setup. But imagine preparing all the food, putting everything around your BBQ machine, and everyone gathered around it to enjoy food, but suddenly it started raining. This will completely ruin all your grilling plans. So what to do in this condition?
Here’s the perfect solution: Try to grill under a covered area such as a Carport!
Yes, carport kits are widely used to expand outdoor areas. From protecting cars and trailers to creating a fabulous entertainment area, carports can be used in many different ways. And one of them is grilling!
Are you looking for a spacious and safe outdoor grilling space? A carport is a best and most cost-effective solution for you! You can use any strong, durable steel carport as numerous types of carports kits are available in different sizes.
So the real question is, can we grill under a carport? Is it completely safe to grill under a carport?
If these types of questions come to your mind, keep reading this post. In this blog, we’ll tell you everything about carport grilling, such as what a carport is, which type of grilling you should use under a carport, and things to remember while grilling under a carport. We’ve also gathered some useful tips to know if you’re planning to grill under a carport. So keep reading till the end.
Let’s dive in.
What is a Carport?
Carports are covered structures commonly made of metal, aluminum, or steel. These structures protect vehicles from rain, storms, bird droppings, and harmful sun rays.
As we already told you, carport kits are available in various sizes and designs. You can buy the best carport kit according to:
- Roof material
- Roof design
Now let’s move on to whether it is safe to use carport grilling or not and what type of grill you should use for a carport.
How to Choose the Right Grill?
Yes, you can grill under a carport, but you must select the right grill. There are three types of grill available in the market: gas, charcoal, and electric. Experts don’t advise using gas or charcoal grills under covered areas as there is low airflow. You should always ensure that all the smoke and fumes from the grilling should safely vent away.
Electric grills don’t produce any gasses or fumes, so they’re safe to use under a carport.
Is it Safe to Grill Under a Carport?
You can buy metal carport kits that are strong, durable, and withstand extreme weather conditions. Additionally, you can also use it for outdoor grilling and BBQ sessions. While it’s raining outside, it’s the perfect time to grill some burgers and have a meal with your family and friends. However, you must consider a few things while grilling under a carport.
Below are some useful tips for safe and effective grilling:
- If you’re using charcoal and gas grills, put them away at least 10 feet or as far as possible from your cars.
- It would be best always to place electric grills at least 5 feet away from the vehicle.
- If you’re planning to grill marinated meat, try to drain excess juices and fluids from meat as they can produce extra smoke specifically on charcoal and propane grills.
- Trim off excess fat from the meat because it will also produce extra smoke. Later, this dirty smoke can cause greasy and discolored ceilings of your carport.
- Whenever you’re grilling outside, never leave it unattended under covered areas. Always pays full attention to the grill and surroundings.
- Try to put your grill under your carport near openings. This will help to vent smoke away properly.
- If possible, park your cars outside whenever you’re grilling under a carport. This will avoid damage to the car, which can be caused by heat, smoke, and grease splatters.
The Final Words
It’s always fun to grill and BBQ delicious foods outside. However, follow all the specific instructions and safety precautions written on the grill. Consider all the tips that we’ve mentioned above.
So buy the best carport kit and enjoy grilling under a carport to have a great time with your friends and family.