The Best Way to Rent an Apartment in Dubai in 2023
Renting in Dubai is a lot easy with no compromise on the quality of life. But compared to other emirates, renting is a little costly in Dubai. And the renting process is very much time-bound, so you need to consider the contract.
The Real Estate Regulatory Authority authorizes rents in Dubai. You can use the Rental Increase Calculator for a transparent rent index. There are many options, so don’t rush to rent an apartment in Dubai without proper consideration. First, look for the right living infrastructure you desire in your living space, then rent.
The renting apartments provide sufficient amenities well enough to live a prosperous life. The entire emirates are safe to live alone both for males and females. So, let’s go through the procedures to know how to rent an apartment in Dubai in 2023.
Essential Things to Be Aware of Before Renting in Dubai:
- Tenancy contracts generally last for one year in Dubai.
- To sign the tenancy contract, you must submit passport and visa copies. If not the visa is ready, then offer the letter from the job.
- The paper arrangement is made by an agent cooperating with the property owner.
- You may need to provide checks and pay the rent costs quarterly.
- Need to pay security deposit during the tenancy agreement, which can be withdrawn while leaving according to the contract.
- If you break the rental contract anyhow, you will be asked to pay a penalty price.
- The moment you sign the contract, you can move in instantly. In a developed emirate like Dubai, it’s very easy to set up water and electrical projects within a moment.
Rental Costs in Dubai:
The rental cost in Dubai is higher than in other emirates due to high demand.
One-Bedroom Apartment: costs may cost around 40,000 AED to 45,000 AED. However, places like Sharjah and Ajman are up to 30 to 45% cheaper than this price range.
Two-bedroom apartments: will cost around 90,000 AED to 100,000 AED. And a villa may cost approximately 150,000 AED or more than that.
Extra costs: Housing fees like water bill, electric bill of around 5,000 AED. For renewal or new renting contracts Ejari fee, which gives relaxation of 200 AED on
Tenancy Contracts in Dubai
- Most rental contracts in Dubai are generally for a year. And if you are in Dubai for a short while, consider being in a hotel or service-related apartment and pay per month or week.
- No witness is essential specifically to sign the rental contract between the tenant and owner, only the landlord’s signature is final.
- If the tenancy contract break, the tenant must pay a penalty price. Usually, the penalty amount is equal to two months’ rent. But the penalty price varies according to the terms of the signed contract.
- The property owner may terminate the contract anytime but must give three months notice period. However, this happens once in thousands of cases.
Rental Rights and Restrictions in Dubai
- The landlord needs to provide a contract copy with the security deposit receipt.
- During the contract period, there must not be any change in the rent.
- The landlord should provide all the mentioned amenities as per the contract.
- If a rent check provided by the tenant bounces, that may lead to a penalty for the tenant, and the landlord has the right to evict them without notice.
- The landlord is responsible for the external maintenance outside the contract.
- The tenant must sign the contract after reading the conditions and facilities stated in the document.
- After the end of the contract, the tenant is free to leave the place or renew it to stay again.
- The tenant can only do fixtures and fittings in the apartment with the landlord’s consent.
- If the tenants break the rental contract before time, then there is a penalty amount (usually two months’ rent) that they must pay.
- Flat sharing is strictly unauthorized and can only be allowed if the landlord gives written consent.
- The tenant must leave the apartment without any damage; otherwise, the cost of fixing the amount will be cut from the security deposit.
Authorities Who Handle Rental Disputes
Like all emirates, Dubai also has rental dispute resolution committees. In addition, there is a Rental Dispute Settlement Centre in Deira at the Dubai Land Department’s head office.
If any dispute arises in your case, you can file a complaint with the house rental documents and your passport and visa.
Tips for Renting in Dubai
- If you have a pet, then rent a pet-friendly apartment.
- Look for experts’ opinions on the conditions of the contract before signing.
- Don’t create any disturbance in the apartment building, and maintain all the guidelines of the emirate respectfully.
Javier Senosiain’s Organic House: A Unique Architectural Wonder
Project Credits: Project name: Organic House Architecture firm: Javier Senosiain Location: Acueducto Morelia 26, Vista del Valle, 53296, Naucalpan de…
Black Villa New York | A Luxury Design by Reza Mohtashami
Black Villa Source: amazingarchitecture.com Project name: Black Villa New York Location: Harriman State Park, New York State, United States Architecture…
Foster+Partners Centre for Brain-Inspired Aluminium Screen Around University Laboratory in Jerusalem
Architect: Foster+Partners Project Name: The Edmond and Lily Safra Centre for Brain Sciences Location of Project: Hebrew University of Jerusalem…
Kliff Kingsbury House: An Architecture of Head Coach’s Arizona
Being the head coach of an NFL team has its perks. This includes being able to live in a multi-million-dollar…
Amazing Futuristic Houses Ideas That Actually Exist On This Planet!
We all have a dream of living in a luxurious home that would fulfill all our comforts, right! But have…
Crescent – The Iconic Mosque in Dubai by Design Plus Architects & Rat[LAB] Studio!
The Iconic Mosque Source: amazingarchitecture.com Project name: Crescent – The Iconic Mosque, Dubai Location: Dubai Creek Harbour, Dubai, United Arab…
Chapel of The Holy Cross: A Church With an Idiosyncratic Structure
Chapel of The Holy Cross Source: staticflickr.com Location: Sedona, Arizona, United States Architect: Marguerite Brunswig Staude Completed: 1957 Situated in…
Cool Minecraft House Ideas to Build Your Dream Home
Do you have an interest in architecture and like to explore various building structures? If yes, then you might have…
Cadillac House by Gensler: A Structure with a Bizarre Angled Steel Facade!
Cadillac House Source: archpaper.com Location: Jin Qiao, Pu Dong, Shanghai, China Architect: Gensler Type: Commercial Status: Built Year: 2019 Size:…
Wintrust Arena, Chicago: Get an Overview of This Amazing Structure
The Wintrust Arena is a multi-purpose event space famous for hosting wonderful basketball matches. Not only basketball matches but it…
How Would You Feel If You Play Tennis While Floating?
Adidas and Parley for the Oceans have made a groundbreaking achievement by creating a floating tennis court from recycled plastic…
World’s Newest Floating Beach Club Must Be on Your Bucket List
We are excited to share with you the latest addition to Thailand’s already stunning array of beach destinations – Yona…