15+ Innovative Wooden House Ideas with Pros & Cons
Wooden house is a sight to behold in an era where glass and metal are the most common building materials. Aside from having a more natural appearance, wooden houses have several benefits over their concrete counterparts. As wood is a natural thermal insulator, the building is far more energy-efficient than masonry materials like brick, concrete, or stone.
Due to wood’s ability to absorb sound, a new wooden home provides a more restful and peaceful environment. Furthermore, because the natural materials needed to make these dwellings are readily available, construction may proceed rapidly with no difficulty. Because of their carbon dioxide absorption properties, timber-framed buildings can benefit the environment.
Pros and Cons That You Should Know
Before making a home purchase, you should weigh the advantages and disadvantages of a wooden house. You need to make sure that you’re putting your money where your knowledge is. Building a home out of wood is less expensive than building a house out of brick and concrete.
Wooden homes are good for the environment as it is made out of natural materials. However, there are also disadvantages, such as the high expense of upkeep.
5 Pros of Choosing a Wooden House
- Wooden houses tend to be more energy-efficient than other materials because wood is a natural insulator. The material is perfect for environmentally friendly buildings since it can keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- As a result, it’s great for keeping things cool or hot in separate zones. You’ll save hundreds of dollars on energy expenditures if you buy a wooden house. In terms of ventilation, heating, and air conditioning, studies show that people who live in modest wooden houses may save as much as 60 percent a year. Recycled cotton, lamb wool, or rock wool are examples of materials that you can use in your wooden home. Fortunately, they’re all eco-friendly.
- Because of its aesthetic properties, wood may be employed as a decorative element. It’s almost impossible to predict the smell of a tree’s wood or its look. It’s simple to locate different types of woods depending on their hue. It’s also possible that the wood’s design will change depending on its cut.
- One of the advantages of wood is that it can be recycled or reused. Wood may be used to build a wide variety of structures. Wood is a fantastic option for homeowners who plan on remodeling their houses in the future because of its adaptability.
- Depending on the layout, speed, and cost, it is possible to construct wooden houses quickly and economically. In terms of construction expenses, they’re 30 percent less expensive than a standard brick and concrete structures.
- Woodhouses may be repaired or rebuilt at a low cost if destroyed. Because wood is light, you won’t have to spend much money on the foundation of a wood house. Thermal characteristics (insulation) of wood have helped many homes save money on heating and cooling bills.
3 Cons of Choosing a Wooden House
- According to a popular woodworking site, both abiotic and biotic substances may damage or degrade wood. Insects, bacteria, and fungus are only a few examples of biotic elements to consider. Dust beetles and termites, for example, pose a danger to wooden structures. They have the potential to shorten the lifespan of your house.
- In nature, wood is a hygienic material. In other words, if you buy a property in a flood-prone location, it might absorb water from the surroundings. Moisture causes wood to expand and contract. So, to minimize water damage and mold, use water-resistant coatings.
- Wood is highly flammable since it comprises hydrogen and carbon atoms. When a fire breaks out and the elements mix with oxygen, the results might be catastrophic. Chemicals in certain plants make them flammable. Pinewood’s resinous component, which may catch fire at lower temperatures, is a good example.
Have you ever wondered why so many people choose to live in a wooden house? The wooden house structure provides you with a high degree of adaptability when making changes to the house design. And this can be observed in the many unique wooden house designs that can be seen throughout the world.
Check out the fifteen most popular ones here.
15 Innovative Wooden House Ideas
1. Wooden House with White Windows
You used wooden logs to build the home’s walls. Chocolate-colored carvings are made from wood. Everyone can go in and out of the house because it’s small and easy to navigate. The white window panes on this house are stunning, and they blend well with the rest of the architecture.
2. Crimson Red for an Attractive Wooden House
This residence is ideal for those who are willing to take a chance. An eye-catching crimson adornment decorates the roof and walls of the building, making it both captivating and intriguing. White pillars elevate the wooden house above the ground, ideal for unwinding on vacation.
3. Wooden House Design Ideas with Brickwork
House has two levels, one on each side of the street. One can be utilized as an annex, while the family can use the other. Everything about this wooden house, from the brickwork to the wrought-iron fences, is stunning.
4. Innovative and Creative Design for Wooden House
The home is rectangular in shape and has a distinctive design. Despite its modest size, it can contain many household goods. The patio’s soft-cushioned chair is a beautiful accent to the overall design.
5. Wooden House for a Peaceful Living
It’s a charming little cottage with everything you could need for a weekend getaway in the summer. For a peaceful night’s rest, the chairs in the front yard are the best place to be.
6. Be with Nature
This property is ideal for those who enjoy spending time in nature. In the home’s front yard, there is a small nursery for gardening and cultivating various plants and flowers. This home is transformed into a fantasy garden in the springtime.
7. Traditional Wooden House Ideas
Wooden walls and an olive-green door distinguish this classic residence. The door has an elegant and refined appearance.
8. Small Wooden House with Aesthetics
Surrounded by flowers and foliage, this is a lovely wooden house. The home has room for two individuals to stay. Soothing and calming, the house’s light brown color scheme.
9. Simple Wooden House Design Ideas
A simple wooden house with all the necessities you need for daily life. An easy-to-maintain home with a lovely appearance.
10. Miniature Wooden House Idea
Despite its resemblance to a miniature, this wooden house offers ample room for all of your everyday necessities. The simplicity of the design and the colors and layout make for an eye-catching final product.
11. Peaceful Wooden House
Relax and rest on the patio of this modest wooden house. Lots of natural light and fresh air come in via the lovely windows in this home.
12. Eye-catching House Design
The metallic green-blue roof of the house is eye-catching and draws your attention right away. The house’s infrastructure is massive.
13. Play with Colors
You may use the expanded front porch as an eating area or a place to relax and read, depending on your taste. The orange couches on the patio look great with the green and white color scheme in this wooden house.
14. Vintage Wooden House Look
There’s an old-fashioned log cabin in the middle of the woods. The house’s roof and façade are charming. The green door panels are a standout feature.
15. Creativeness Is the Key
Summertime is made extra special by the yellow wood home. It’s modest, yet it’s useful for tenants. The property has a welcoming appearance on the outside and an eye-catching view. This appearance is achieved by placing sunflower beds throughout the house, which is a fantastic choice: the green roof.
5 Tips for Using Wooden Houses
- It would be best to plant a new tree to replace those cut down throughout building a wooden house to ensure its long-term viability. It contributes to the preservation of natural harmony.
- Factory-assembled mobile homes are shipped to building sites in huge sections by manufacturers. Depending on the size, they can construct the wooden houses as single pieces or move them in portions.
- The log home is assembled or erected on location. The house’s unusual look is due to big wood trunks in its construction. In addition, the trunks regulate the temperature and humidity of the inside. To make modules and pre-production easier, it employs a high number of small components. Nails are used to connect wood boards.
- Ensure that the builder you hire has experience with wooden houses, whether you’re looking for a mobile home, a light-frame house, or a log home.
- Though not always practical, it’s a good idea to consider building your new wooden house in an area that’s less exposed to the weather. It is important to remember that wood has to be cared for, so the less you have to worry about it, the better!
At the End!
You may now weigh the advantages and disadvantages of a wooden house before deciding whether or not to invest in one. Wooden houses are often environmentally friendly and inexpensive to construct. You will significantly reduce your construction, heating, and air-conditioning expenditures.
On the other hand, there are plenty of interesting options available for the wooden house design that you should imply. We hope you get your perfect wooden house idea for a fun and innovative living.
For more information about the latest architectural development, keep coming to Architecturesstyle.
Also, do follow us on our Instagram page, Architecturesstyleideas, to get daily updates.
Pink House by 23o5Studio: Interaction with Nature and People
Project Specifications Project Name: Pink House Architect: 23o5Studio Project Location: Long Xuyen, Vietnam Project Year: 2019 Project Area: 290 sq.m…
Qianhai City Center Landmark: A Tower That Resembles “A Cloud Of Spray”
Have you ever seen a floating tower with islands? Your answer will surely be a NO! Recently, in the Qianhaiwan…
Tour Kliff Kingsbury’s House: A Peaceful, Art-Filled Home in Paradise Valley
Being the head coach of an NFL team has its perks. This includes being able to live in a multi-million-dollar…
Amazing Futuristic Houses Ideas That Actually Exist On This Planet!
We all have a dream of living in a luxurious home that would fulfill all our comforts, right! But have…
Modern Chinese Architecture: Top 10 Incredible Modern Houses in China!
China has been one of the most prolific countries in terms of innovative engineering and amazing architecture. Now, its booming…
Top Differences Between Residential and Commercial Buildings
The difference between residential and commercial property is commonly known but there are many technical details that should also be…
Top 10 Tips to Choose the Best Windows for Home
If you are thinking about building a new home or remodeling your existing one, you may wonder about how to…
9 Most Photogenic Universities Worldwide
The most award-winning university campuses have sophisticated designs, elegant dining halls, and impressive decorations for photogenic universities worldwide. These idyllic…
7 Reasons to Renovate Your House in a Modern Architectural Style
If you are thinking about renovate your house, especially the exterior, and giving it a completely new, fresh look you…
Renovation of House in Chau Doc – A Project by Nishizawa Architects
Living in a quality life alongside the flood-prone area easy not something anyone would have thought about. Like obviously, you…
Coastal Homes Ideas, Plans, Design, & FAQs That You’ll Love
The attraction of a picturesque beach retreat is difficult to match when it comes to the extent of fine luxury…
The World’s Tallest Residential Tower in Dubai, Burj Binghatti
Have you ever weened living amidst the clouds in one of the tallest residential towers in the world? Wouldn’t it…